IT Advisory Committee
The IT Advisory Committee is sponsored by Scott Honea, Associate Vice President and CIO. The Committee meets on second and fourth Thursdays to:
- Increase communication across the campus IT community
- Collect input from members' departments and collaborate to identify common IT issues on campus
- Review and evaluate solutions and methods to help mitigate specific risks.
- Provide recommendations to help form security policy and operational decisions.
- Relay information to their represented areas and to the IT Forum.
FY 2015 Goals
- Funding - Examine funding models for centralized services and make a recommendation that supports the shared service model going forward.
- IT Governance - Create a recommendation for a TAMU-level IT Governance structure and process.
- Communication - Continue to develop a communication plan that emphasizes collaboration and successes. Consider bringing back the ITAC Roadshow in some form.
- Standardization - Create recommendations for system standardization where appropriate.